June 24, 2011

June 5 (day 14) - part 2

Sunday

Tonight was so incredible and inspiring. After our devo, Joe told us that Andy and Amy wanted to take Communion with us through the act of washing our feet. WOW. How incredibly humbling, God. I 've never experienced this before, and honestly I was so adament. I did not want them to do it. What am I worth compared to them? These people are awesome. They're doing incredible things here and Swaziland. They're following after God and serving Him because they truly love Him. Why God? I felt as if I was the one who should have been washing their feet. I just don't understand...I don't know how I am supposed to react or feel. I understand the servanthood. I understand the act of Christ becoming a man to serve man. But as the person getting their feet washed...What should be my attitude? I can't even imagine how the disciples felt when Christ washed their feet. WOW. I can't even put that moment into words.

I just pray that God will give me peace. I don't have to understand the action completely, but I just pray that I will always keep in mind the act of love and discipleship. That's really what it's all about, even if it seems jumbled up. Just so truly humbling. What an incredible, incredible night. WOW!
...............................................................................
A few notes from devos tonight:

The towel deserves nothing; it's takes the shape of the foot.
As Christians, as the towel, this should be our attitude. We should serve others without seeking reward and we should become the very person we are serving so that we can serve them better.

[Reminds me of the passage in 1 Corinthians 9 where Paul says he has "become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."]

Live your life with a reckless abandon and have courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment