June 24, 2011

June 8 (day 17)

Wednesday

In Dakar, Senegal right now. Well, on a plane in Dakar, Senegal. So tired! Wasn't feeling well for awhile, but I feel fine now. Probably won't eat breakfast, though.

Still have around 8 or 9 hours until we arrive at Washington Dulles. Then we go through customs and what not, then board for Columbus. I'm going to be dead tired and so hungry. God, can you send me back to Africa where we stuffed our faces full of awesome food? Ha.

I wonder what the SNU team is doing right now...I really miss them. It's still so strange being with just the MVNU team. It almost feels surreal, like we never even met them at all. And being in the airport and on the plane for so long...it's like, I was in Africa for two and half weeks? Good thing I have all the awesome memories. God, please don't let me forget Africa and all that I felt there. I hope I always miss it.
...........................................................................................
Sitting in Dulles when I should be on a plane home. We arrived about an hour later than originally planned, so we had to seriously rush through immigration and customs to board our plane to Columbus. We had people running (no kidding) through the airport. I honestly thought they (the people who got pulled aside through customs) weren't going to make it onto the plane and that they would have to catch another flight home. We all made it on board, though! Praise God! EXCEPT...after all that we learn that we weren't going to be taking off anyway, because of some mechanical problem. So we had to deboard  the plane, and now we're waiting at our gate. Thanks United! We all ran here for nothing! Ha. Another first for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment