December 30, 2013

Here's to a new year!

Once again, sorry for my lack of updating! Nothing too exciting happened during my last few weeks in OB/GYN. I must say, I am really glad to be out of KY for good and onto new things! Not that OB/GYN is completely disinteresting to me or anything…I just was not a huge fan of my site and preceptor, though I do feel like I learned a lot about OB/GYN. I will say that my preceptor was an excellent teacher, so that matters most!

At the end of the rotation we had a big summative exam of 200 questions. It was not an easy exam and it was a big reminder that I still have a long ways to go in terms of studying to prepare myself for the boards. One thing to add to my New Year's Resolutions….

Christmas break has been incredibly relaxing! I hardly feel like doing much of anything that is super productive…Just a lot of spending time with family and relaxing (and watching a lot of Netflix)! It's been really refreshing, and I'm hoping to feel rejuvenated for my upcoming rotations in Pittsburgh. Headed back there next Sunday. Crazy how fast this break has gone!

Looking back on this past year, it's seriously crazy how far I already am into my second year of PA school! In total I'm about 75% done with PA school! AHHH! It's been a very challenging year, but also a year full of new and fun experiences that I'll never forget! I feel like I've learned so much, and that I've grown up so much since summer 2012 when I was first starting school in Pittsburgh.

So here's to a new, refreshing, and hopefully exciting 2014! Looking forward to my upcoming rotations in emergency med, internal med, surgery, and ortho, and to graduating later this summer! Also looking forward to the FIFA World Cup in Brazil! Viva Espana!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day tomorrow, and wishing you all the best in the upcoming year!

P.S. I'm turning TWENTY-FOUR tomorrow! Crazy! Feeling so old right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment