June 18, 2011

June 1 (day 10)

Wednesday

Went back to Ntondoze today to play with the kids. After they left Hillary and I heard some singing coming from the church so we went in to check it out. We went in to find some of the Swazi ladies sitting in the pews singing away and praising God with all their hearts. So we just sat in behind them with Niri (one of the Canadians) and listened to them. They were so filled with the Spirit! It was so incredibly real and inspiring. They then got up and took an offering. That was just so humbling to me. It's midday on a Wednesday and these women willingly come to the church to pray and give offering. Awesome. So I gave all my coins to the kids who were sitting with us to put in the offering. Precious. We then stood with them in a circle and held hands and sang and prayed. Even though I couldn't sing their songs, it was still such a spirit-empowering moment being with those women. As Hillary and I were leaving, I just told her that things just aren't like that anymore. All she said back was that there's just nothing to say after something like that. And there really wasn't. We just sat in the grass in silence. I cannot even describe how it felt being in that church. It was awesome and I just praise God for that time with them. I pray that all Christians can one day be filled with that same Spirit.

Tonight we led an NYI service down the road. Andrew, Josh, Kelsey, and Rich all shared their testimonies. It was awesome to hear their stories and how God has transformed their lives. It was a really great service, even if we weren't 100% prepared for it. God still moved. And even if it seemed like we didn't do well, the Swazis still welcomed us and were excited that we came to worship with them. It's awesome to see how God bridges the distance between us.

Tonight was also our last night with Niri, Marg, Stacy, and Campbell. I can't remember if I really mentioned them or not, but they are the team from Canada that are here to receive a shipment of books and supplies to install libaries in schools here in Swaziland and South Africa. Two years ago Campbell felt like God was telling him to do this, when he was just 14 years old, I think. How incredible. But anyway, they leave for Durbin tomorrow, so I pray for safe travel and that God continues to bless all they're doing. Next year Swaziland is expected to receive TONS of school supplies, thanks to their efforts!

It's going to be so sad when we have to say goodbye to our SNU half! We've all gotten so close during our time here and I'm going to be heartbroken when we have to say goodbye! I just pray that God blesses our remaining time together and that he allows us to grow closer and serve Him in bigger and better ways than before.

My biggest fear right now is that I'll come away from this trip with nothing but fun experiences/memories. This trip has been awesome, but the one thing I want to remember forever is how God stirred my heart. I just pray that I'll sense His presence through all that I do and experience and that He'll continue to speak into me. I want to take everything that I've learned and felt here in Swaziland back home with me to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment