June 13, 2011

May 29 (day 7)

Sunday

Today was awesome. We got to sleep in. Ha. We met at the trashcans at 10:45am and headed to church at Zhakele Church of the Nazarene. Church feels so real here. It was awesome to see the passion for God that these people have and their expression of that deep love. I felt so blessed to witness that and their willingness to give everything to God. I want to love God that way. I just feel like people in the US don't have that kind of love as much these days...

Kind of going along with the topic of love was Joe's message. He asked how much we're willing to risk for the sake of the gospel. How much am I willing to risk to see more people come to Christ? That really is a challenging thought because I really don't know the answer. I would like to say everything, but I know I'm too selfish. How I would love to love Christ so much that I would do anything to see that more people come to know Him...

After church everyone got yogurt. [Not until later did I think about how rude it was to not eat it. I felt so guilty. A lot of these people probably don't just have yogurt to give away to people who have everything they need that probably will forget that they even have yogurt and leave it in a van to rot away. I really wish I would have eaten it.] We then headed over to Swazi Candle for lunch. Unfortunately they ran out of food. How convenient. But it's all good, we got KFC instead:) And their KFC was actually really nice...Much nicer than any KFC I've ever seen. Then after lunch we headed over to the Pick-n-Pay. It was so funny because it was like none of us had ever been in a grocery store before. Ha.

The rest of the day we just hung out with each other at the flat. We were later joined by the Canadian team and even later we were blessed to have Dr. Hynd with us. He has had an incredible life that he shared ALL about with us:) It was cool. So we had dinner and just enjoyed one another's company and then it was time to practice our skit and the songs we are going to do tomorrow at the school assemblies. It was honestly so hilarious.

One of the best parts of the day was just talking with Hillary and Courtney, as well as Sharyl and Katelyn who joined later on. It was seriously an awesome conversation...just talking about distractions on our lives and how God has been speaking to us and convicting us...our inner thoughts, struggles, praises. It was just so awesome seeing completely different sides of these girls. I thank God for fellowship and for being able to share with and learn from one another. It was so refreshing and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment